Spin a cockeyed Web

A woman of a certain age, who would have lived and died without a whisper and barely a footprint on life, can now pontificate with 'the big guys'.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Projects!!! As promised.

I have just finished the front and back of a sweater I call Iris Fields. I bought dyed roving through ebay from Jehovah Jireh Farm call Iris. I didn't get enough for a full sweater, but I had some nice green in my stash that worked well with it. I need to finish the collar and sleeves. It will have lapels with the collar. Here's a shot of the front and back. The stitching is different on each.












It will look better when the sleeves are attached.

Some small projects I finished as I was working on the sweater are the miser purse and street mittens. Both are made of yarn I spun. The blue purse was spun from multiple samples of blue wool that I combined. The mittens was fiber I dyed while we attended the Harveyvill Project, Yarn School. They were going to be fingerless gloves, then I found I had enough for the mitten caps. I mitten shows the cap in the mitten position and the other buttoned back for fingerless. I've used both the purse and the mittens everyday for a month or so and they are great fun and practical.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Blogger Jen said...

That miser purse is very interesting. I'm fascinated.

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger ChelleC said...

That sweater is absolutely beautiful. And the miser purse is even more interesting in person - it really is a nifty little thing that really works quite well.

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger Maenwyn said...

I knew Jen would like it...it's fun, like her.

I like it that you're blogging.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Jen said...

*knock* *knock* Hello? Is anyone in there? Are you okay? Too quiet around here. Where can she be?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home